Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 2 w/John 15

“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.   John 15:26-27

Today, I was struck several times in my day's work by the work of the Holy Spirit.  I saw him working in people's lives, sometime when they were not even aware of it.  I do not believe in coincidences, and I don't believe in chance.  People do what they do, either out of their will or based upon the influence of Good [the Holy Spirit] or evil.  Most of the time we take credit for the good that we do and look to shift the blame for the bad that we do.  

In the verses above I was struck by the community that I see between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  They exist in perfect fellowship with each other.  Each has a role to play that exists because of their relationships.  That role can not be completed without the work of each other, nor can it be competed without the influence of the other.  The Son sends, but he sends from the Father.  The spirit goes but goes from the Father.  The Spirit testifies of the Son, and the Spirit is the truth of the Father and the Son.  

On that same note I was talking with one of my best friends today, and he started to do something, I started to say something and didn't even get one word out of my mouth before I stopped because I knew what he was going to do.  He on the other hand, knew what I thought he was going to do and what I was going to say.  He finished my sentence in his head, I finished his action in my head.  I'm not saying that our brief exchange is the perfect example of community as compared to the Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  That kind of 'community' only exists over time, in the context of trust.  I am saying that we have thought of Father, Son and Holy Spirit far too often as "individuals" instead of the community/fellowship that they are.  We would do well to be in "community" with our Father, our Savior, the Sprit of Truth, and our fellow dusty brothers of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment